Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring arrives...We hope!

It seems that winter is finally over. We could still get more snow but from here on out it will melt right away. I've seen lots of Daffodils in bloom in our neighborhood and that is always a good sign. Dad and I will be heading to Las Vegas this weekend, I get R & R (just like everyday of my life) and he gets to attend meetings until next Wednesday afternoon. We have evenings free so will probably see a movie and eat ourselves sick at the buffets.

I've had some great visits with the kids in the last month. Golly, we have wonderful kids and grand-kids. I don't know how we lucked out. Our sons-in-law are outstanding men working hard to provide for their families in these stressful financial times and we couldn't be prouder of the efforts of all our children to be self-reliant. Ally, Steph and Carrie you are remarkable women doing all you can to better yourselves in all walks of life but I hope you can take time to stop and smell the roses instead of hacking yourselves up with the thorns. Life goes by much too quickly. Emily is making plans to take some college courses while looking for a job. She remains optimistic that she can do both.

My friend Bill Baron (80) in Manchester, England, has a large cancerous tumor in his bladder for which he is getting large doses of chemo-therapy. I would appreciate prayers on his behalf and I know he would be very grateful as well.

Things coming up: Possible trip to Alaska, Girl-friends reunion, Cedar City/St. George, Las Vegas Trade Shows, and lots of visitors. Life couldn't be better!

No comments: